• You are frequently warm or hot when you sleep
• You would like a duvet for just the summer months
• You sleep in a warm environment where the temperature in the room is consistently above 22ºC (72ºF).
• You can sleep in the nude and are comfortable most of the time
• You are looking for a duvet for year-round use
• You sleep in a room that is about 20ºC (68º-70º F).
• You are often cold when you sleep
• You wear socks to bed or you sleep alone
• You are looking for a duvet for the colder months
• You may keep the room cold to around 12º-15ºC (54º F).
ULTRA WARM WEIGHT
• You pile on the blankets at night
• You want the fluffiest, warmest duvet possible to sleep under
• You have poor circulation and really feel the cold when you sleep
• You are sleeping in a cold room or perhaps with the windows open in the winter season 0º-10ºC (32º-48º F).
We measure the quality of down, its fluffiness, and its capacity to insulate in “loft” or "fill power".
Down fills are generally rated with values between 550 – 900. A 1000 loft down (highest level) is available although quantities of this are very limited making it more expensive.
The higher the rating, the better the down insulation quality. A higher loft means less down is required to provide the same level of insulation. A duvet with a higher loft reading will possess more fluffiness, shape retention capacity, and greater warmth.
Fill power represents quality. At Bettenhaus our hand-made duvets are all in the 800+ loft range, ensuring a higher level of quality, lofting, and warmth and that your duvet will last a long time.